Notebooks and paper reviews
As I’m learning more about fountain pens and inks, I’m gathering more info about notebooks and specific paper.
When writing with fountain pen inks, the medium you write on (paper in this case) is critical and can enhance the properties of the ink, or hide them, as I mentioned in the previous notes about ink properties.
I’m not going to make paper reviews myself yet, because I don’t have enough paper to compare.
But I’m a big fan of keeping lists of links, so here’s some links to people that are reviewing notebooks and paper (alphabetical order):
From all those websites, I collected a list of brand names, and product names.
I’m sure some names are missing, but I’ll update the list as I find out more.
This is the incomplete list, enough to get you started (alphabetical order, links to the official websites):
- Apica CD| premium notebooks - can’t find any official website
- Elia Note Journals
- Endless Recorder notebooks
- Enigma A5 Notebook V5 with Tomoe River Paper - Etsy shop
- Fabriano EcoQua A4| A5| Pocket notebooks
- Hobonichi Techo| Cousin planner notebooks
- Leuchtturm1917 journals
- Life Noble A4|A5|B5|B6 notebook
- Maruman Mnemosyne notebooks
- Midori MD A4| A5| A6 notebooks
- Moleskine Classic notebooks
- Nakabayashi Logical Prime Notebook
- Nanami Seven Seas MicroDot notebook
- Rhodia A4| A5 (and many others) notebooks
- Tomoe River 68gsm Bullet Journal, 140 pages, B5 size (I have one and I love it ⭐️)
- Traveler’s Company - Traveler’s notebooks