Cr;Lf; website is almost ready
The Cr;Lf; website is ready(ish).
I worked a few hours every day for ~2 weeks, in my spare time.
It looks decent. I will never-ever finish it, but it’s decent enough.
What’s left TODO ::
- more accessibility (image alt, link titles, make sure all tags are semantic, more…?)
- responsive website (so much work to do; update done after switching to TailwindCSS)
- make sure the code snippets are working (update done after switching to TailwindCSS)
- make a website ICON
- tags in articles should be clickable
- draft posts/ notes (don’t list them)
- sticky posts/ notes (pin them first in their category)
- image posts should be wider, for the image to cover more page width
- search functionality, at least for topics and tags, titles could also useful
- to know when posts were last updated (this will be tricky, search the info in Git)
- basic interaction from readers (thumbs up, comments)
- button for dark/ light (toggle lights)
My challenge right now: How do I store the notes, bookmarks and other random entries in such a way to make the URL permanent?
I have to look for inspiration from other people…
💡 Once I’m finished, maybe I should export the layout as a theme, somehow, somewhere? …
Would anyone be interested in it? I have no idea.
⏳ 5 minutes later: For notes it’s easy. I just prepend the date, just like the articles.
190814-1.md <- yy-mm-dd-note[number].md
For Bookmarks… Maybe I should sluggify the URL from the bookmark?
But that won’t work for Pictures, Movies, Books, etc.
I would prefer a more general solution…
⏳ 5 minutes later: I can create a random HEX, or Base32 string and just keep that in the Front Matter of the “thing”.
⏳ 30 minutes later: I discovered PermaShortLink page.
It’s not entirely relevant, but the
Base60(epoch days) + t + n sounds interesting.